World Campus session – June, 2022
CarePay – https://www.carepay.com
A very interesting payment service for healthcare that started in Africa and now expands to the Middle East.
CarePay has developed a health benefit wallet that operates on a mobile phone. Participants can save, receive and spend money, but the funds can only be used to pay for healthcare. The system links directly with participants, healthcare providers and healthcare payers, like insurers and donors, so both treatment and payment are fast, efficient and transparent.
Guest speaker from CarePay is Kees van Lede who works for CarePay in Kenya
• War on Cancer – Sebastian Hermelin
• Cancer awareness through teachers – Joseph Omach / Kenya
• Early detection of cancer – Nuria Malats
• HPV related Cancers Nigeria – Salomey Eferemo
• Pain Management – Henk van Kranen and Peter Kapitein
• Personalised Medicine – Peter Kapitein