February 1, 2 and 3 Inspire2Live had her 6th Annual Congres: ’The whole business case from the patients view’. We were hosted by the remarkable location ‘Under Current’ with a beautiful view on the Amsterdam skyline. Here’s a summary.
We gathered together with the stakeholders in the fight against cancer and with the aim to get cancer under control by 2021: patients, researchers, clinicians, people from industry, government and health insurance companies. We had excellent keynotes from different perspectives on our main topic. In the afternoon we had working sessions to make this even more specific.
In the minutes you will find lots of activities to be executed. It’s good to know that some are already initiated:
- Patient advocates work on influencing the data protection transparency regulation.
- Inspire2Live works on educating patient advocates in order to have them on an equal basis in the decision making proces.
- There will be a pilot with food and prostate cancer in the province of Flevoland in 2017.
- Purpose and Inspire2Live) will meet to explore co-creative development of new economically viable approaches to food and Pca.
- There will be a communication plan for creating awareness around cancer and work.
- There will be a plan to Reconsider breast cancer screening and prostate cancer screening in cooperation with government in order to come to screening with added value for patients.
- Inspire2Live and Cinderella Therapeutics will take extra initiatives in their struggle for ‘Affordable drugs’.
- The Dutch Foundation Mijn Data Onze Gezondheid / My Data Our Health (empowered by Inspire2Live) will procede to explore possible implementation of the MiDATA proposal in The Netherlands
And of course: many more to follow. Inspire2Live uses the congres for setting their agenda for activism in order to get cancer under control.
Please help us in realizing our initiatives and feel free to join us in the struggle for a better quality of life for patients and their loved ones.
And of course we hope to meet and speak with you next year.
The Patient Advocates of Inspire2Live.
Our mission: Getting cancer under control and inspiring people to lead Happy and Healthy lives in Harmony with cancer!